
For those who've seen me play guitar these last few months, this post won't be much news.
The first week of Ulpan I befriended a really cool guy from California, let's call him Brandon. He's been playing the guitar for 10 years, so he's been teaching me a few things since being here - it's gotten to the point where we've become the designated guitar entertainers whenever our group of friends from the dorms don't want to head into downtown Tel Aviv but still want to hang out together.
Anyways, earlier this week I heard that Mike's Place - a bar by the boardwalk here - hosts open mic nights every Monday from 10pm onwards, so Brandon and I decided to check it out with a group of about 10 people from the dorms. The open mic turned into a great night out, with every performer playing two songs - I chose "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer and Mat Weddle's cover of "Hey Ya", with the crowd jumping in for the chorus of the latter.
1 comment:
Gotta find my corner...
Post a Comment