Monday, April 13, 2009

"Ahmadinejad is apocalyptic, Iran's leadership is not..."

Hello again, this time from New York City!

I am currently on Passover holiday and enjoying every minute of free time away from Israel, Middle Eastern history, politics, Hebrew and Arabic homework.

Having said that, this past Thursday, April 9th marked a very significant day in Iran: nuclear day. With President Ahmadinejad speaking about Iran's nuclear achievements over the past year, what are we supposed to think about the future of international relations vis-a-vis Iran's nuclear progress?

When the holidays started, I promised myself that I would not look at a newspaper or the news on television so that I could enjoy my holidays to the fullest, and come back to Tel Aviv ready to hit the books. Having said that, this past week's news was hard for me not to hear about - especially since my inbox receives 17 different daily newsletters concerning Middle East news & international relations updates. As the days passed, my interest in the issue grew, and this morning I could no longer resist and had to read up on it. Luckily, I quickly found a great two-part interview online with several specialists on Iran. For those of you interested, frightened, or simply confused at what is going on right now, I highly recommend spending the time to sit down and enjoy the discussion.

http://www.france24.com/en/20090410-thedebate-iranian-thaw-1

http://www.france24.com/en/20090409-thedebate-iranian-thaw-2

Now, back to enjoying the rest of my holiday. Happy holidays to all!

No comments: